SAI Platform is organising a Climate Action Learning Journey in California, US. In the latest of the learning journeys series structured around the SDGs, focus concentrates on how to manage risk as well as enhance adaptation and mitigation to new climate conditions for farmers and industry. Key topics will include healthy soil and carbon sequestration, manure and water management.
The learning journey offers SAI Platform members and non-members a boots-on-the-ground perspective to alternative practices that can be applied to supply chains. Knowledge sharing and first-hand learning will highlight different sustainable agriculture solutions and different farming systems which can also be applied into other geographical regions.
Participants on the Climate Action Learning Journey will:
- Learn how to put into action the adaptation to new climate change and investigate the steps already taken on risk mitigation for the agri-food systems;
- Observe first-hand the alarming effects of global warming in this region and how they can be reduced;
- Examine the efforts and lessons learnt by farmers, companies and government authority, that can be transferable knowledge to other geographies.
This learning journey will explore three different ecosystems within California:
- 28 October: Sacramento area
- 29 October: Fresno area
- 30 October: Salinas valley
The learning journey is limited to max. 25 participants.