Director General SAI Platform
The Sustainable Agriculture Initiative Platform (SAI Platform), established by the food industry, supports the development of sustainable agriculture worldwide. Today it has over 140 members across the value chain, covers all major agricultural commodities and operates globally on a pre-competitive and non-commercial basis, driving change through collaboration.
SAI Platform is overseen by an Executive Committee and run by a core team, working from various locations, mainly in Europe. Core areas of SAI Platform’s activity are commodity-focused working groups, regional initiatives, on the ground projects, and industry solutions such as the Farm Sustainability Assessment (FSA), European Roundtable for Beef Sustainability (ERBS) and the Sustainable Dairy Partnership (SDP) and (in progress) the Regenerative Agriculture Framework.
SAI Platform is looking for a Director General (DG) with robust sustainability and global agricultural supply chains knowledge and experience, who will shape, implement and promote SAI Platform’s strategic goals. You will engage a strong and diverse network of people and organisations to catalyse and scale change and to enable members to deliver on their commitments to sustainable supply chains.
The DG is responsible for the overall strategic, financial and operational success of the organisation.
We are looking for a well-rounded DG who is inspiring and able to engage in high profile representation and strategic planning with diverse stakeholder groups. You are highly organised, pragmatic, self-motivated, have a degree level education and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience at leadership level.
- A pragmatic strategist: proven to shape and deliver strategic priorities.
- An accomplished leader: excited by leading a high calibre team, comfortable with developing and managing dispersed teams.
- A decisive results achiever: effective in both corporate and multi-stakeholder environments and thriving in this complex playing field.
- An ambassador: with outstanding public speaking, inspiring audiences, orchestrating trust.
- A respected figure in the agricultural sector: who understands the urgency, challenges, required change and opportunities related to global sustainable supply chains.
- A near-native English speaker and writer, ideally with fluency in (an)other language(s).
- Develop and implement a clear vision and strategic road map.
- Secretariat leadership, managing a team of highly motivated professionals
- Member engagement and satisfaction, diversification and growth of SAI Platform
- Lead the public profile and engagement with external stakeholders
- The Director General will report directly to the President and Executive Committee Members of SAI Platform.
Download the job description for the full vacancy profile.
How to apply?
For this recruitment we work with Sustainability Works. To apply for this role, please submit your motivation letter and CV no later than 22 October 2021 to email@example.com.
Please also make special mention of any existing affiliation with SAI Platform or any of its members.
For further information please feel free to contact Sustainability Works via