The FSA online tool was launched last week during SAI Platform’s General Assembly in Dublin. The online tool, created by the International Trade Centre (ITC) for SAI Platform, is a management tool to facilitate FSA supply chain implementation. The FSA online tool is for those companies implementing the crop FSA with their suppliers.
The online tool is free to use for SAI Platform members and their invited suppliers. Please note that the online tool is not yet available for the Beef FSA.
Key selling points of the FSA online tool:
- Free to use for SAI Members and their invited suppliers
- Secure servers, operated by ITC under the United Nations’ mandate
- Connect to your suppliers and buyers via an easy-to-use online invitation process
- Automatic FSA data aggregation and reporting
- Farmers can pre-filter FSA responses based on standard/farm assurance benchmarks
- Easy creation of farmer management systems
- User friendly
- Download to excel for offline data entry and later upload
- Anti-trust compliant
Member companies may request SAI Platform secretariat to activate a company user account. If interested, please send request to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the name and email address of the company representative to be the admin account holder for your company.
SAI Platform secretariat and ITC will be on hand to offer training and guidance in rolling out the tool while we continue to develop functionality over the next year. We recommend that companies gain a good level of understanding of both the tool itself and the wider FSA programme before proceeding with implementing the online tool in supply chains.
This is a first release, we will continuously refine and further develop the system over the next coming months with additional functionalities such as:
- Additional languages (initially only available online in English)
- Additional standard benchmarks
- Possibility for buyers to upload aggregated farmer assessments
- Creation of an FSA company directory to facilitate the invitation process for companies using the tool
- Notification system for reminders
- Enhanced sampling functionalities for managing groups of farmers and audit processes
> For more general information about FSA and the online tool, visit fsatool.com.