Due to the outbreak of the Coronavirus disease (COVID 19) pandemic we want to reassure our members and partners that SAI Platform continues to the best of our ability to carry on business as usual.
Our SAI Platform Team is made up of remote workers and we continue to fulfill our roles and responsibilities. However, with the closure of schools in many countries across Europe and North America, as with many of our members, we have had to adjust our work schedules because of family commitments. Due to national and international travel restrictions we have also re-evaluated how we can ensure the delivery of our priorities whilst respecting the advice and limitations imposed by our respective Governments.
We all accept that we are in a time of uncertainty and that information about new measures and policy on a global scale is constantly being updated. As a result, the following is relevant to today and we will continue to reassess and update according to medical and governmental guidance that affect local and international activities.
In the meantime, we hope that you and your families stay safe and well during these unprecedented times.
• • •
- Businesses implementing the FSA, and in particular those working towards a scheduled verification audit are directly affected due to local availability and restrictions. SAI Platform has recently communicated temporary measures to all of its approved Verification Bodies to ensure minimal disruption to the audit process. Contact your Verification Body to learn how these measures apply in your situation.
- FSA 3.0 timeline is now under review.
- SDP timeline is also under review however, we still aim to stay on track and launch in June.
- All face-to-face meetings are postponed until further notice with all actions and decisions taking place remotely.
- Various remote working platforms for meeting /voting options are being looked into and we will update you as and when relevant.
- ERBS board elections will continue as planned. For more information
- The Americas Committee will continue to support our members as much as possible while working remotely.
Many of our projects are in the initiation phase which we are fortunately able to progress remotely. Ongoing reviews, however, will continue across all projects as they progress with a particular focus to “on-the-ground” projects and their development.
- Doñana Berry Sustainability – guidance has been shared to project teams locally on how to work safely and in line with local requirements. For more information.
- There is a focus on managing all projects in line with local constraints.
- The FSA Accelerator in Turkey will continue to plan for implementation starting late 2020. Should it be unsafe to do so, the project will be further postponed.
- The Harmonizing Solutions: Regenerative Agriculture project is continuing to align the industry on principles and metrics of regenerative agriculture. In-field pilots will be delayed until it is safe to run them.
A decision has now been made to postpone our Annual Event to the week of the 7th June 2021 in Parma, Italy. As a result, we will extend our webinar series to provide more content on sustainable agriculture through a range of informal 45-minute updates throughout 2020.
The General Assembly and voting in of the new Executive Committee will take place remotely on the afternoon (CET) of 10th June. Further details will be available shortly.
Our mid-year Advisory Council and Executive Committee meeting scheduled for May will be postponed until early November. Dates for both of these will be confirmed shortly.
All FSA training events are on hold until further notice with the exception of FSA online training which will continue as planned.
Our International Executive Programme on Sustainable Sourcing & Trade remains scheduled but pending decisions later in the year.