2017 has been an impressive year for our Farm Sustainability Assessment programme (FSA).
We developed an increasing number of support tools and partnerships to facilitate companies to implement the FSA in their supply chains, and 2018 will continue the trend.
At last count, the FSA is used by 34 of our members in 35 countries, for 44 crops. This success only continues to demonstrate the demand for wider industry level action.
FSA milestones from 2017:
- The launch of Version 2 of the FSA web-application
- Partnership with the Cool Farm Alliance to incorporate Farm Impact Metrics into the FSA web-application and link it to the Cool Farm Tool
- Partnering with GLOBALG.A.P. to deliver an integrated approach for food safety and sustainability
- Partnering with Field to Market in the USA to align FSA and the Field Print Calculator
- Knowledge sharing event and FSA web application training days in London were a big success, and more are planned for 2018
We are also proud to see our FSA programme referenced in key reports and news from the industry:
- WWF compares how sustainability standards address water stewardship and references the FSA
- Using the FSA as the reference point, top beverage firms including several SAI Platform members commit to 100% sustainable juice and puree by 2030