Sustainability Insights continues its series of interactive webinars exclusively for SAI Platform members to address the important issues facing the agri-food business today.
Animal welfare is integral to the security and long-term sustainability of the livestock farming sector and to a resilient farming system.
This webinar explores the meaning of animal welfare and its importance to the future security and sustainability of our food system through short- and long-term goals.
We also examine the importance of sharing knowledge and encouraging local innovation, and the role we all have to play in driving change for a resilient food and farming system that is fit for the future.
Key points for discussions will include:
- Animal welfare as a common understanding.
- Working in collaboration to improve animal welfare including multi-stakeholder projects such as Noble Foods cage free barn.
- Overcoming challenges and balancing the cost of higher welfare through mitigation strategies, collective action and tax relief.
- Engaging with the food industry and livestock sector – Compassion’s approach including corporative and legislative trends in cage free and consumer awareness.
- Animal welfare in the balance: challenges and opportunities through COVID-19 and in a climate challenged world.
- Sharing Danone’s ‘Farming for Generations Alliance’ regenerative agriculture pilot.
Dr Tracey Jones, Director of Food Business, Compassion in World Farming,
SAI Platform Advisory Council Member
Cees Jan Hollander, Global Farming Expertise Manager Cycles & Procurement, Danone