In partnership with the International Trade Centre (ITC) and a network of 11 leading academic institutions in the field of sustainability, SAI Platform launches a ground-breaking International Executive Programme on Sustainable Sourcing and Trade.
SAI Platform’s new International Executive Programme on Sustainable Sourcing and Trade will be held simultaneously in Gravina in Puglia, Italy by Cranfield University, UK and Curitiba, Brazil by ISAE on 18-19 November 2019.
This unique and innovative experience will offer sustainability professionals across the value chain a practical set of tools that:
- Identify sustainability risks and opportunities in specific global value chains;
- Develop approaches to incorporate sustainability considerations in value chains;
- Mitigate sustainability-related issues and risks in value chains;
- Identify and leverage areas for leadership in building sustainable global value chains;
- Build solid relationships across functions, entities and geographies;
- Offer a safe space to share views and experiences on the synergies and tensions of integrating sustainability, corporate agendas and personal development.
Key highlights of the programme include field visits hosted by SAI Platform members Andriani S.p.A in Italy and by PepsiCo in Brazil, to offer on-the-ground insights into sustainability practices.
Other major highlights of the International Executive Programme include:
- Online interaction sessions connecting EU and Brazil attendees include an introductory pre-course webinar, a live and simultaneous connection during the course and post-event follow-up.
- Easy, online access to all materials on topics discussed.
- ‘Hands-on’ sustainability tools workshop for participants to learn and experience the practical use of tools.
- Tailoring solutions by applying the tools and frameworks learned to each participant’s own sustainability challenges.
- A close-up and in-depth examination on a key specific theme (E.g. water management, biodiversity, climate change etc.).
- International alumni network access across major academic institutions in sustainability and the food and beverage industry.
- Heads of Sustainability
- Procurement Executives
- Strategy, Brand & Marketing Executives
- Buyers and Suppliers
- Sustainable Sourcing and Trade Stakeholders